The Essence is identified as a glowing, yellow spherical ball of energy that can be harvested, rewarding the harvester experience points (abbreviated as EXP). Each essence gives 5 Experience Points.
The only way to obtain essences is by destroying or killing the following forms of life, objects, or entities:
- Ancient Tree
- Essence Chest (removed)
- Feather Bush
- Old Gods
- Sun Tree
- Spirit Shelly
- Queen Ant
- Magnetite & Emerald Chest
When it is picked up by the players, it will not take up any inventory spaces and cannot be carried as an item; however, if the bag is deemed as 'full', the Essence cannot be picked up, being isolated on the ground until the players find a way to reduce the number of items in their inventories or another player comes by to snatch it.
Essence Chest (Removed)
Before the Mojo Update, it was possible get Essence (EXP) In Essence chests. You could get essence chests in the hats menu and go to the second tab, then scroll down to the chests menu. Now it is obtained through Emerald & Magnetite Chests.
(THIS IMAGE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE)
- It is impossible to put this in a chest
- Essence is common in the Emerald Tools Update, due to hackers (or simply rich players) spamming and dropping Emerald, Magnetite, and Essence Chests. This has stopped ow due to all coins being wiped in the recent Mojo Update.
- Magnetite and Emerald chests also drop a small amount of essence.
- Essence highly resembles the Spirit Key in shape and texture.
- The Ancient Tree gives a lot of essence, but it may not be worth cutting it down if your axe will take a long time to chop it.
- Also, the Ancient Tree’s drops were seriously nerfed.