The shelly is a passive mob. It will not attack when attacked, however will hide in its shell and will re emerge after a few seconds without getting damaged.
The giant shelly is relatively larger than the other shellies, but smaller than the Shelby.
Depending on the location of the Giant Shelly, it will have 2 different shell coloration.
- The Giant Shelly allows low leveled players an easy method to obtain Raw Morsel, stone, iron and adurite.
- Giant shelly is mostly used for its morsel, however, it drops 1 adurite shelly which also makes it valuable for late-game Players.
- As of March 19, 2018, this is the biggest Shelly available in the game now that the Shelby was removed as well as the Shelly with the highest health at 1000, formerly surpassed by the Dancing Shelly at 1 BILLION health. Both were removed in the ??? Update.
- But this is not the case anymore as both were resurrected in the Map Legacy Update
- It takes an average player upwards of 3 minutes to kill one.
- There used to be a snow version of the Giant Shelly, but it was removed in the Antmen Update.
- It was added back in the Map Legacy Update with the return of Ice Island.
- As of a small update, this now drops 2 Adurite Shellies. It used to drop only one.
- This is a decent way to level up and is the main source of experience when dropped by Shelby. This is because the Giant Shelly drops various smaller Shellies which give more experience than the actual Giant Shelly.
- A bug is that the Shelby becomes a giant shelly with the size of a Shelby.
- Even though it's extremely rare, Giant Shelly could be seen swimming.