Magnetite (Commonly known as "Mag") is second highest tier ore in the game, only surpassed by Emerald. It is found in Fallen Meteorites and since the Emeralds Update, the Queen Ant’s lair. Raw Magnetite can be smelted near a campfire which will result in a Magnetite Bar.
Magnetite can be obtained from the Meteorite (which randomly spawns every 1-2 hours) or by killing the Queen Ant. Killing the Queen Ant will give a single Magnetite Ore, while destroying a Meteorite gives a maximum of eleven Magnetite Ores.
- The abbreviation for Magnetite has been used so much (by the Booga Booga playerbase) that barely no one uses the word "Magnetite," but instead they use "Mag."
- Soybeen stated that this may be the last ore implemented into the game.
- This information was falsified later on when the Emerald ore came out
- Magnetite was introduced on 3/10/18, the Meteorite Update.
- In real life, Magnetite is mainly composed of iron.
- The magnetite chest drops 12 upon opening and costs 1000 coins. This is slightly more than the maximum amount of ore gained by mining the meteorite, making some experienced players think it is essentially a rip-off.
- The player used to be able to obtain Magnetite by destroying a Totem of the Moon which instantly spawned a Fallen Meteorite.
- Due to its value as a rare ore, players frequently use Magnetite as currency.
- However, that may not be the case any more since the addition of Emeralds.
- In the time that the game would be set, only wealthy people would be able to afford purple dye, similar to how only experienced players can get Magnetite.
- Since the Emeralds Update, Magnetite can now be found in the Queen Ant’s lair in the form of Meteor Rocks.
Smelting Magnetite Ore in a campfire will yield Magnetite Bars.