There are currently two underwater caves: the Ice Cavern and Lava Cavern. Both locations each have one God and one Ant Mound. The Lava Cavern contains the Hateful God and a Fire Ant Mound. The Ice Cavern contains the Old God and a White Ant Mound. They also contain Ores such as Adurite and Gold respectively.
The Ancient Underwater Cavern (Ice Version) is a hidden area accessed by falling through an underwater hole. Entering this area will cause a temporary intense bloom effect (if your graphics setting is 4 or higher). A notification reading, "This place is ancient..." will also appear.
Entering the dark portal will teleport you to the Volcano Island, very near to the Ancient Underwater Cavern (Lava Version) entrance.
Currently, the hole to access the cave is inside a small pond on an island under the Floating Crystal Island. You can tell the island apart because it has a few Sun Trees. Using the exit of the Ancient Underwater Cavern (Lava Version) will teleport you to the small waterfall near this island.
In the Ant People map update, the cave was accessed via a tunnel behind the Old God. To reach it from the cave system, you had to follow the water to the place behind the Old God. Destroying the Old God opened the way to the cave.
Within the Ancient Underwater Cavern there are:
The Ancient Underwater Cavern (Lava Version) (also called Adurite Cave) is a hidden area accessed by falling through an underwater hole. Unlike the Ancient Underwater Cavern (Ice Version), there are no special prompts or effects when entering. Fire Ants spawn here.
Entering the red portal will teleport you to the small waterfall near the Ancient Underwater Cavern (Ice Version) entrance.
LocationTo access the cave, you must swim through an underwater hole located between the two volcanic islands (near the desert islands). The hole is closest to the island with two Small Trees and Rento/Rentae. Using the exit of the Underwater Cavern (Ice Version) will teleport you to the larger volcanic island.
- Because these caves are popular destinations to farm Essence, expect to find other (potentially well-equipped) players.
- Putting a Gate at the entrance of the cave will help prevent other players from ambushing you and give you more time to gather resources.
- If you go on top of the portal in the Ice Cavern, you can walk around on a secret ledge. This is a great hiding spot for items or hide-and-seek.
- When the Map Legacy Update was released, the portal in the Ice Cavern became glitched and did not work. However, this was fixed shortly after.
- In the Map Legacy Update, Fire Ants were moved to the Underwater Cave (Lava Version) unlike Queen and Huge Ants which were removed.